Who ever said that pleasure wasn't functional?

–Charles Eames






I found all these photos while researching this pattern my Ray Eames below. I met her daughter and grand daughter while taking a Women Studies course at CCA(C)Both of them were sculptors, but super enthusiastic about the preservation of the Eames' ethos. They gave each of us as wooden spinning top, and a flip book depicting the construction of one of the famous molded chairs. I have always wanted an aspect of this pattern on me somewhere, but after my pyramid, and some other planned spots (revamping) I'm not sure where it would go.


2 comments:

Schmalva said...

I love Charles Eames. I have two of his chairs. They are suuuper comfy

Morton Pivelfist said...

The best example of a couple working together.
I wanted their silhouettes on me at one point.