Refuge des fondus

I reminisced about this fondu place in Paris the other night....





















excerpt from paris entry:

We then remembered this crazy fondue place down the street from our apt. Has a baby bottle door handle on the door, and the walls are covered with scribbles and tags from the customers. We walk in and this attractive older man with a butt chin tell you to take off your stuff and hang it in the back, when I walked back into the main room, there are two rows of tables each row lining the facing walls (creating a parallel space) he pulls out one of the tables, slides the chair sideways and tells me to climb over...and makes me sit next to this young french dude on a date with his girl, his mom, and his preteen brother. Jil is next, hops over to my side, table slides back in...adam comes out, they bring us 3 sweet wines, and a plate of charcuterie. Adam has been eating cheese, but this was gnar, olives, 3 types of meat, pickles, etc. The hot waiter askes us rouge or blanc, fromage or vinde...we order 2 rouge 1 blanc et fromages.
he returns with 2 baby bottles of red wine, and one of white wine, a bubbling pot of fondue cheese and two bread baskets. the next hour was INSANE. the waiter is teasing the preteen that I should date him, and that he's 18. over and over, when I protest, he asks if i prefer an homme, which I said yes....then he pointed out the old ponytail guy who dealt with the drinks, and i said not so much, then he asked if I liked him, and i said YES........he proceeded to stir our fondue and look at me like a lover on fire for like 4 minutes. I was dying. he grabbed my hand to look at my tattoo...it was intense! and hilarious. we tagged our names, and tried to chat with our frenchy neighbors who were annoyed by a different table of american LA GIRL type tourists. We got amazin photos, came home, my veggie pals ate some meds, and we hiked up the hill to the sacre coeur, Our neighborhood is my favorite so far.

3 comments:

A A D D A A M M C C said...

found a similar place in soho with the wine in baby bottles

LaReinaCipolla said...

sounds amazing.. Wish I was there.L

LaReinaCipolla said...

sounds amazing.L